I'm a little bit behind this week and I do apologise in advance for our
website disappearing (edit: this has been posted *after* the web site came
Below is the minutes that I took on Tuesday afternoon.
Rotaract Club of UWA
Attendance: Robin Chen, Carly White, Sara Adhitya, Kylie Kerin, Joshua King,
Lucy Shea, Lauren Basanovic, Dominik and Sarah (new).
Apologies: Julie Carruthers, Heather Cooper.
* Wednesday 10 August at 7:30pm -- Dinner with Subiaco Rotaract at the
Sicilian in Subiaco. Please RSVP to email@example.com (or the web site).
* MOVED! Saturday 20 August at 10am -- Visit to the Wheelchair Factory with
Olly Pickett, leaving from the UWA Tavern by car pooling. Let us know if
you're coming, you're welcome to bring friends, etc.
* West Perth Rotary is asking for help during their Storm the Stage and
Magic Show events, a representative will be coming to our next meeting.
* Club Service (Kylie): We now have a policy of food (<$10) at meetings.
Requests to Kylie (though her selection was yummy!).
* Lauren has conferred with Jess (Treasurer) and we now have a very healthy
account balance (~$1300) so she proposes that we may have a bigger dinner
later in the year which we will be able to subsidise from these funds.
* Joshua to start planning to set up better induction procedures so we can
start distributing badges and certificates to new members again.
* Subiaco Rotaract tells us they are selling Entertainment Books
(approximately $60 each).
* Kylie proposes some sort of assistance of the Campus Security people in
publicising their services to students. She finds its not as well advertised
or used compared to what she discovered on exchange in Canada.
* Dominik gave an excellent presentation on his usual club -- Rotaract Club
of Cologne (district 1810) -- and the Rotary International Ambassadorial
Scholarship programme. Focused on the 3 way split of events - Learn, Help,
Play. Lots of clubs close together in Germany is also what I noticed.
Next Meeting Tuesday 16 August (2 weeks)
MOVED! Meet at the Café Acorn (we are unable to successfully continuously
book our usual venues). The Café Acorn is located up the stairs above the